Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Music, Five Years Ago

MEMORY: Green’s. If you know what I am talking about, you are old-school and on the down-low. Post a comment so we can reminisce. An Irish bar now stands in its spot on Woodside St., across from a house where cops recently seized a cache of weapons from two teenagers… yeah. Five years ago, I went in search of original live music and found it at Green’s Saloon. Late. On a Tuesday. It was dingy, but the place was all about music, every night. Often, it was excellent. I’m not sure if that scene can ever be recreated. If it's still out there, I need to know ASAP.
THANKS: To Garrison Gunter for his great photo of Green's. You can even see a band playing in the back.
REQUEST: If you know what the members of Bravo Avocado are up to these days, tell me.

No comments: