Saturday, June 7, 2008

More Falling Objects in Stamford: Oh No You DI'IN'T, Trump Parc!

WHAT- THE- HECK. One of us is going to get killed by Trump Parc.

Last week, I took this pic of the busy intersection by TP.

Today's Advocate Headline: Object falls at the site of Trump Parc

The article text: For the second time in two weeks, an object fell yesterday from the Trump Parc construction site and struck a vehicle, police said. A 3-foot-long piece of cable about a half-inch in diameter fell from the 29th floor, said Lt. Sean Cooney, a city police spokesman. Cooney said the object hit the back of a VW Jetta occupied by an unidentified Greenwich man at about 2:50 p.m. The driver was not injured, but the car's roof caved in, and its rear and side windows shattered on impact, he said.

CAN YOU IMAGINE? What if there had been a baby in the backseat by those windows? I am PISSED.

Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy said he will speak with the city engineer, the building department and those in charge of construction at the Trump Parc site. "We're going to have to sit down with these folks, maybe close the job, until we get some level of satisfaction about these procedures," he said. "A second incident in a short period of time tells me people are being reckless."

YES, Malloy, you tell those f#&kers. SHUT DOWN TRUMP UNTIL WE HAVE SOME ANSWERS. Stuff falling 20 stories onto cars below is unacceptable!!!

SHUT- DOWN- TRUMP. No "maybe." Shut it down. And invite the public to the meeting.

For your gawking pleasure, here are a four pictures I took of the TP construction site, which looms over the busiest part of the city. You can see how huge the crane is. The last shot is of a concrete truck blocking traffic on May 1; that's my steering wheel in the bottom left corner. I know- I'm an amazing photographer.




























7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sut these F(*&(& down now!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm a faithful reader but I'm a little confused about your opposition to this building. Are you opposed to the building, the scale of the development, or the fact that (apparently) the builder is being very careless? I see those all as different issues.

We should consider ourselves incredibly lucky to live in a city that continues to develop- especially considering so many cities in this country are currently littered with half-finished developments.

But if it's anger at the builder, then I'm on board!

Stamford Talk said...

Anger at the builder, totally. I have no problem with having more life downtown! I want Stamford to be a place where more and more people want to live...
If they could wait though, for me to buy a house, that would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Fines and job closures are the only way to show these developers that we will not allow them to put us in harm's way for fun and profit.

Kevin McKeever said...

I saw the front page headline Sat. morning and knew you'd go ballistic. Good for you! If the city wants this stuff built here, they really need to be on the contractors asses about safety.

Unknown said...

City inspectors told the company no work today - until you clean up your mess - to many pieces of loose debris up on the open floors.

Stamford Talk said...

No way! Thanks for the scoop, Whitemist! I think I need to post a crane update.