Monday, January 18, 2010

Vinny's Backyard BBQ Cooks Beef Perfectly

You should read that as a headline: "News Flash! Vinny's Backyard BBQ Perfectly Cooks Beef to Different Degrees of Doneness for Three People!"

I am serious. My father-in-law, the beef connoisseur, said the beef in his steak sandwich was done perfectly: medium-rare. I asked for my burger medium well, and it was so. The mother-in-law wanted her burger medium- it was so! And the husband, as always, liked his ribs.

There is something wonderfully reassuring about a place where you can go and get a decent burger with good fries. The place is baby-friendly but not overrun with kids, the bar is huge, lots of TV with sports on... I love the place. Granted, the food is not diet food, but... it's enjoyable.

Vinny's is pretty much the extent of our eating out these days, although we do plenty of delivery food when my "meal planning" falls through: Thai Chi, Republic Grill, Michelina's, Kit's Thai Kitchen, Little Buddha, and occasionally Pearl East.

My baby, right now, is licking his reflection in the mahogany end table. That's funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any idea what happened to Republic Grill? Walked by there Sat. night and it's no longer called RG...can't remember the new name. Is it new management? Hope they don't change the menu. We really liked the place.

meg @ fairfieldcountychild said...

thanks for the reminder. vinnie's is a little gem and i always forget about it.

malerie said...

Restaurant.com is promoting a place called "Precious" that looks suspiciously like the old Republic Grill. You can get a $25 gift certificate for $3 right now (hey - I'm Stamford On The Cheap, what can I say). I, too hope the food is the same. I was addicted to their mango chicken.

Streets of Stamford said...

Republic Grill is now Tengda, which has restaurants in Greenwich and Westport. I'm not sure if Tengda acquired RG or if it was part of the family all along and finally changed its name, like a resistant bride who refused to hyphenate.

Anonymous said...

2 things:
-RG changed their name to Tenga (it was always the same owners, prob just realized the tenga name has more recognition)
-Michelina's is terrible