Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gordon Ramsay, Trivia: Stamford Rocks the FC

I had so much fun last night that I’m not even sure what to say. I’ll keep it brief for now. Doing Kitchen Nightmares was entertaining and awkward. I met Gordon Ramsay. He is a big, good-looking man.
After dinner I was pumped up on fame and adrenaline, so I talked my husband into “just one drink” at Tigin. Well... I joined a trivia team, recruited some more strangers, and we had a blast. I have no idea why this many people are out on a Tuesday, but it was a thrilling sight.

This morning I woke up and went out to get milk and coffee. It’s a beautiful sunny day. The cops were at Liz Sue Bagels (rumored to be the best bagels in Stamford), my convenience store owner was friendly, I held the door for a man, and I thought to myself, It’s going to be a fantastic day. We’ve got film shorts at the Avon tonight, a lunar eclipse, and I’m doing lunch with a friend at Duo. I’m happy bordering on ecstatic.

I also had lunch at Fin 2 yesterday, knocking one more restaurant off my “eat at every single restaurant in Stamford” list. The food was excellent, the freshest I’ve had in this town except Duo. Yup, Stamford continues to offer us many, many ways to enjoy life.

I know I'm being insanely positive (actually Gordon Ramsay commented that I was a very positive person) but I only have good things to say about yesterday. Even the Marshall's/Bed Bath parking lot was tolerable, and I noticed cars letting pedestrians pass more willingly than usual.

More details on Trivia and Kitchen Nightmares later today and tomorrow, because I have a lot to say about both.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog while trying to find out more about the Kitchen Nightmares shoot and how to get a reservation for tonight, and I have to say I love your blog!!! I will certainly be coming back here to read more...

Stamford Talk said...

I am so glad you found the blog! Did you get reservations?
It was such a funny experience last night.

Anonymous said...

Not yet, but I'm rather determined! If I do, I'll make sure to let you know how the night went. Looking forward to reading more...

Stamford Talk said...

Uh-oh, I am pretty sure they're full, but call Dina. Maybe you can sweet-talk your way in. Dina is the one who makes the master list, so she's the lady to locate. She answered her phone right away when I called on Mon.

Anonymous said...

Also stumbled upon the blog today while looking for Ramsay info...enjoy it and will be back.

I already reached out to Dina and she said they are overbooked for tonight :( Even the promise of corporate dinners in the future couldnt get me in!

Anonymous said...

Just to save you some calories, Liz Sue bagels are giant and mostly tasteless. I don't think there's a great bagel to be found in Stamford, but Village Bagel makes a pretty good one.