Friday, September 26, 2008

It's A Rainy Day. Drive Carefully. Cue the Music.

I'd tell you about this art gallery opening on Magee Ave, but last time there was a big rain, there was such flooding under 95 that my husband could not get home from his gym, which is near Magee Ave. Just a thought on this very rainy day. Then again, he is extremely directionally challenged; maybe the rest of you know some secret way home.

Other rain thoughts:
--There's already an accident on 95 South at exit 4.
--Generally, I adore rain, because no one can say to me, "Why are you inside on such a beautiful day?" I like to be indoors and read and write, because although I am outgoing, I also need large amounts of down time to recharge. Now I blog and websurf and watch TiVo, but I used to read.
--Anybody remember the song from Sesame Street: "It's a rainy day, it's a rainy day, it's raining outside and I can't go out and play. Why do we need the rain, anyway?" Oh cool, I just found it on youtube. And now, I should go to work.



Art gallery info:Moss Halls Gallery opens at 6 p.m. tonight in the Moss Hall Antique Center, 85 Magee Ave. It will feature works by Lisa Cuscuna, Ann Gibb and photos by Francis Wolff.

The exhibit is dedicated to the work of the Sexual Assault Crisis and Education Center.

For information, call 348-9346 or visit www.sacecct.org.

2 comments:

Streets of Stamford said...

I work in Harbor Plaza (at the water end of Shippan Ave.), and there was a rainstorm last year that blocked off every highway underpass. I finally got to work by cutting across to Cove Road down by exit 9, then fjording a giant puddle near Cummings Park. I'm either very dedicated or very daring. I'll go with daring.

irenesbooks said...

Looks like the worst is over sooner than expected, although they forecast more rain tomorrow. :(