Friday, March 12, 2010

TAP Cafe at Palace Theatre... Drinks and Music Thursday!

This TAP Cafe thing sounds really cool! I didn't see this event, which happened last night, until today, but I'll be looking out for the next one next month. I caught wind of this one at the Fairfield County Happy Hour Club site:
TAP Café (Thursday At the Palace) -5:30-7:30pm

The Palace Theatre in downtown Stamford is launching their own monthly social event for young professionals and area residents alike. They will be featuring live entertainment from Irish Fiddler and Dan Tessler, as well as drinks and appetizers. Cost for the event is $20, but includes 2 drinks and appetizers.

The Palace Theatre is located at 61 Atlantic St, Stamford, CT 06901

I think this sounds like it's worth a try!

I will say, I think they should lower the price to $10 and have people just buy drinks. Twenty bucks is kind of a lot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check this out for community events;
http://www.stamford-downtown.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=49

Poems in Search of Pictures said...

Very cool! Just added this link to my "What to do" section as well. Great tip - thanks!

Streets of Stamford said...

Sounds cool - I'll check it out too!

Sarah said...

I just went this past week, and I would say it was definitely worth it. The food was delicious and the live music was great. I spent most of the time talking to a friend so didn't really mingle, but it looked like there was a nice crowd of people, maybe 20 all told although some may have come earlier since I didn't show up until about 1/2 way through. It's a cute, fun event that I would say is worth checking out.