Sunday, May 29, 2011

Local Blog Has Scoop on Volta!

I just found the blog OMNOMCT. It's done by a local couple and they review restaurants and gossip about food. I love gossip of any type. They have lots of info about food and food events in the area, so add it to your reader... I just did!

I was happy to learn from OMNOMCT that the new gelateria to be opened right next to Bar Rosso is run by... the SAME GUY THAT DOES CAPRICCIO! I love Capriccio for fast healthy delicious food as well as (OBVIOUSLY) their fantastic outdoor seating.

I quote OMNOMCT's post about Volta:
Apparently, much like Capriccio, there will be outdoor seating, with room for about 50 people. On the menu? Yep, you guessed it gelato and crepes, but it doesn’t stop there. They’ll also serve wine and beer along with lighter cafe fare like salads and sandwiches with a French twist.

We eat at the same places over and over (Capriccio, Coalhouse Pizza, Vinny's Backyard BBQ), so I'm excited to have a new option.

Thanks for the scoop, OMNOMCT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks! Nice to be recognized, and recognized for good things. ;) The next time we're at Capriccio, we're going to have to try the gelato to get a preview of what Volta will be about. I think this place will be a nice new spot that will add good variety to Downtown Stamford. :) Thanks again and love your blog too. :)

Streets of Stamford said...

I just checked out OnNomCT, and man am I out of the loop! I had no idea about Volta or the ice cream place next to Cove Pizza. Sheesh!