Friday, February 27, 2009

Thoughts on Church Music: I Like It

I don't mean to be profane, but are this Advocate article's headline and lead not terribly funny?

Campaign for Catholic confessions kicks off
from Stamf Local News by By Devon Lash
STAFF WRITER
STAMFORD -- Now that the Lenten season has begun, the Diocese of Bridgeport is trying to make it more convenient for Catholics to confess their sins.

Actually, I think the title is funny. The lead is just sort of... sensible.

I have never enjoyed confessing my sins, but if some people find that part of Catholicism important, I do think it should be easy to do so. Sitting in church and listening to music is the easy part; why make the stressful part harder?

Incidentally, I love church music. I stole a hymnal a few years back, and when I had more free time, I'd play the harmony on my keyboard and sing along with the melody.

Now that I think about it, I think I took the hymnal from someone else who stole it. But that person is really religious, so I feel OK about the situation.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, you stole a Hymnal? Got to go to confession for that one!
Say 3 hail Marys and an Our Father! :)

patty said...

I'm with Whitemist. From what I remember of my Catholic upbringing, confessions on blogs don't count.

Of course, I've been non-practicing for well over 20 years, so perhaps a few things have changed and I'm just not aware :)

Unknown said...

im not really a religious person but i like some of the church songs...:)
____________
music lessons