Friday, December 19, 2008

Fireside Arson: Whoooooooooodunit?

I cannot believe someone burned down Fireside. I heard on News 12 that a A K-9 detective doggie located 3 separate places in the resto that suggested accelerants, and tests confirmed it. That is so, so creepy, to think of someone doing that in the middle of the night while tenants slept upstairs.

Yesterday I kept turning to my husband at random times and saying, "I cannot believe someone burned down your favorite restaurant." At one point, he implied that I did it, since I constantly complained that the place had no healthy food options. He's my alibi for the night of the fire, so I hope to stay on his good side so he does not try to frame me and get the 2,500 reward that's offered.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Connecticut Arson hotline at 1-800-84-ARSON, the Stamford fire marshal at 203-977-4651 or Stamford police at 203-977-4407. Or, you could just post it here and we could gossip about it.

Advocate article on the fire: Police offer reward in Fireside Restaurant arson

Previous Stamford Talk post on the fire:
--Nov 21, 2008-- Fireside Restaurant Burns Down?!?!?

(Aren't my paparazzi-style drive by shots of the fire aftermath pretty spectacular? After a year and a half of doing this blog, I'm really good at photographing things from my car. Maybe I'll post a series of my paparazzi shots on my flickr page. I'll let you know when it's up.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God no one was hurt. Would the owners of Fireside, or of the building, have motive? Where is Nancy Drew when you need her? Maybe you are our equivalent, ST!

Strictly Stamford said...

I heard that suspicion is cast on the owners of the building, not that of the restaurant (length of the least at the current value), but that is noot a confirmed piece of info. Just heard some talk.

irenesbooks said...

I know the owner of the restaurant and consider it highly unlikely that he would do such a thing.

Anonymous said...

I heard kitchen staff was cut the day before the fire, and some disgruntled ex-employee(s) came back and wrought their vengeance during the wee hours.

Manager Mom said...

I think that the Ghost of Christmas Past re-animated the stuffed deer's head, which then went berserk in the kitchen and knocked over a pilot light in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

We miss you out here in the interwebs, Manager Mom!

Unknown said...

I like MM's Theory the best!

Streets of Stamford said...

Stamford Diner - burnt down.
Fireside - burnt down.
Curley's - still making gross food.

Hmm...