Monday, July 13, 2009

Holla to Baby-Friendly Barcelona Stamford

We hit Barcelona Stamford last night with the baby in the stroller and were very pleased with the service. When we walked in the door, the staff didn't act like we were huge pains in the asses for wanting to take baby out to dinner, stroller and all. Several people conferred over where we'd be best, and they gave us a prime outdoor seat. Much appreciated. My baby, of course, was an angel, and we had a great dinner. There was another baby outdoors, and a couple kids inside, and all were civilized as far as I could tell. This was around 6pm.

Among the tapas, I highly recommend the empanadas (get a couple of helpings- and ps they are delightfully spicy) and the smoky eggplant dip. And the free bread: delicious!

Other tapas:
The potato tortilla: not tantalizing.
Chorizo with figs: enh. Figs a bit dry.
Garlic bulb: I did not partake.
My sangria: could have been stronger...

but overall, this could be one of our eating-out-with-baby standbys, because I love the empanadas, and the staff and outdoor seating are quite pleasant. It's not cheap, but it's not crazy either- I think we spent about $23/person for a medium-small amount of food. The bread definitely made it a meal.

5 comments:

Chris Preovolos said...

You should really have tried the boquerones!

You Missed Your Calling said...

I remember fondly the days of being able to tote around a cute, little baby around town while people oohed and aahed and opened doors. That all changed when I had my twins and only got looks of fear and dread.

Anonymous said...

I too recommend the boquerones, halibut with rhubarb, snap peas en plancha, carnitas de puerco with watermelon pickles, ensalada with goat cheese croquettes. For dessert, flan catalan.

Anonymous said...

perfect match for those baby sized portions

Anonymous said...

great food, although the sangria could have been a bit stronger...