Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pops in the Park: Is Alcohol Allowed?

Since I went to college in Virginia (and beach week in South Carolina), lived in New York for a year, and have now lived in CT for almost 10 years, I can't quite keep track of alcohol laws. I know I can buy liquor in New York on Sundays, but can I bring a bottle of wine to the Pops in the Park concert tonight in downtown Stamford? I am not a huge public drinker, so I don't know public alcohol laws. Can I bring it as long as it's like, in a paper bag?
I'm not actually planning on bringing a bottle of wine- if you are toting around a baby, you need to be sober- but I just want to know, so I can encourage the people I'm with to have some fun.

And like, if I can bring wine to the Pops in the Park, why can't I bring it to Alive @ Five? Because they have beer/wine tents there? I don't think they have beer/wine tents at Pops. Really, all this alcohol stuff is confusing. It changes for every state and every event. I do know about the open container in cars law. You can't do that. (WHY would you do that, anyway? Driving and alcohol just aren't a good mix.)

6 comments:

ddauplaise said...

Actually, in Connecticut, it's perfectly legal to have an open container in a motor vehicle, as long as the driver is not over the legal limit (.08). Some southern states have similar statutes.

Unknown said...

This is going to be regulated by DSSD (the infamous) and so CT Laws do not have jurisdiction, otherwise it would be okay,

Anonymous said...

"if you are toting around a baby, you need to be sober..."

Hehe...first time parents!! ;)

Poems in Search of Pictures said...

Seems to me that if you're presenting on the Heineken Stage...

Stamford Talk said...

Since I did not see a single cop (I'm sure there a dozens but I was so distracted by my baby, husband and friends), I am sure BYOA is OK, like maybe in cups or something. Unless you are making a scene, I don't think anyone will bother you!

Anonymous said...

What about medical marijuana, i toke it for my asthma.