Friday, September 28, 2007

Democrat's Delight at Bradford's

I don't have the attention span for politics, policies and primaries. However, the Iraq invasion certainly caught my eye. Did our leaders really use the words "Shock and Awe" in reference to dropping bombs on another country? Did we ignore recommendations by U.N. inspectors and invade a nation to look for WMD... and find nothing? I'm not political... I'm just wondering.
For those of you who understand primaries and what Congress does, and are Democrats, there's a fundraiser for Jim Himes this Saturday the 29th at Bradford's. For 25 bucks, you get an open bar from 7-8 pm and political pub trivia at 7:30. Proceeds go toward his run for Congress against Chris Shays. The event is hosted by several local blogs, so I don't think it will be the old fogey scene that the word "fundraiser" suggests. I assume the blograiser will be in the nice upstairs space, so you can still go to Bradford's and play darts even if you're not a Democrat.

No comments: