Tuesday, April 29, 2008

American Idol Tour at Bridgeport

If you're a real fan, you probably know about this. I'm an only sorta fan, but I am big time rooting for the guy whose name I forget who sang that jaw-dropping rock version of Lionel Richie's "Hello." And why was Chickezee eliminated again? Anyway, I think I am free Sept 6, so I might go to this.

David Cook! That's his name. If he does not win this, I will freak out. The tour is at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport. Tickets go on sale May 17.



I love you David Cook!!! If you have the performance saved in TiVo in high def, you can see, on your 50-inch plasma, glimpses of his Mom's face in the audience behind him. The love and pride in her face is just amazing. Three of the 20 times I replayed the song were to watch her reactions.

One reason I'm only a sorta fan is because it's all performance. Boring! I wish they'd show us a few clips of the singers practicing. Maybe just at the end they could show it. Paula could try to make her comments more succinct so we have a few more minutes available. I like knowing the back story on things. I've actually only watched maybe 4 episodes this season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry charlie...you're my pal and all, but I can't stand American Idol. I'd sooner sit through an all-day "Smucker's Stars On Ice".

Stamford Talk said...

But did you PLAY the Youtube video?

Did you also hate the college a cappella craze?

Jeff Herz said...

I loathe American Idol, so you wont find me there.

Stamford Talk said...

Haters! Actually, the only reason I'm able to watch AI is because of TiVo. I fast forward through a good half of the show- commercials and performances. I accept that you hate AI.