Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stars at the Stamford Mall: Who'd o' Thunk It?

Some great star sightings in the most recent Susie Costaregni (I refuse to spellcheck that name- I'm going with my best guess) Dish column in the Advocate:
Drew Barrymore was seen shooting last Friday a movie in Kona Grill at the Stamford Town Center plaza... Barrymore was seen shopping in the mall later in the day. De Niro also was spotted on Bedford Street Friday.
What do you think Drew was buying at the mall? I guess even stars need a new pair of pants, or new undies, or... an iPod shuffle? Or an emergency present for someone?

Here's a weird one:
Movie director producer and actor Wes Craven and cast and crew of "25/8" had a private kickoff party April 10 at Dragonfly Restaurant & Lounge on Summer Street in Stamford. Craven is known for horror flicks such as "A Nightmare on Elm Street," "Scream" and "Freddy vs. Jason."
What is so great about Dragonfly? Both times my husband and I tried to go to DF, it was closed for a private party. That was annoying. Maybe I'll try DF again soon; I am looking for a nice Stamford resto to take a friend to, but I think I've hit them all- Market, Plateau, Duo, Morton's, Siena, Telluride, Saltwater Grille (why the extra e?), Ferrante's, Columbus Park Trattoria, Republic Grill, 122 Bistro, Chez Jean-Pierre, Egane Korean BBQ, Tawa, Dakshin... what did I forget?

Related Stamford Talk posts:
--All restaurant posts
--All posts on movies filming in CT.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cafe Silvium--Just went there last night and got the Fettucine w/ spinach, shrimps, mascarpone cheese...delicioso!

Anonymous said...

Long Ridge Tavern isn't bad...better ambiance than food, but still.

Stamford Talk said...

Where is Cafe Sylvium? I think someone mentioned that to me last week!

Anonymous said...

it's in Shippan

Amanda said...

Silvium is great authentic Italian. Its over by Shippan Convenience...near Fiddler's bar. I would add Napa & Margot to your list.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with Napa or Telluride for a more unique cuisine. Columbus Park or Mona Lisa are nice, safe choices for Italian.

Also, you should add Capital Grille. Much nicer than Morton's, at least in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Um. Excuse me. I am going to have to have a talk with my peeps. I was totally not informed that DeNiro was downtown and when. I am truly pissed to have missed him!

Anonymous said...

You should go to Bella Luna on Hope Street in the Springdale section of Stamford. It is by far the best Italian place in town.

Stamford Talk said...

I've been there once, 8 years ago, and had the perfect Italian restaurant experience. Red wine, dining in a group of couples I'd just met, a more expensive meal than I was used to... I think I've been afraid to go back and find out that it's not the romantic place I have in my mind.

Anonymous said...

I went to Bella Luna for a date a few months back and it was awful. The steak special came out with a half-assed sauce that had zero flavor. What's really annoying was that it was pricey for the food that they are serving. I highly recommend Amerigo in Norwalk on main ave. if you are looking for good italian food.