Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sat AM: Looming Crane and Road Closings

Yikes- heads up on a major traffic disaster coming up today. If I were you, I'd avoid the whole damn area. Note that there is a crane mentioned in the last paragraph of this Advocate article.
Parts of Washington Boulevard and Broad Street will be closed from 6 a.m. to noon tomorrow for construction at the Trump Parc condominiums on the corner of the two streets, according to the city Office of Operations.

Broad Street will be closed from its intersection with Mill River Street to Summer Street. Washington Boulevard will be closed from its intersection with Main Street to North Street.

The Office of Operations Engineering Bureau said the contractor of Trump Parc is completing a slab for the building's 11th story and needs to raise a crane in order to construct additional floors. The luxury condominium tower is slated to be 34 stories.

Trump Parc, you'd better be worth all the trouble you're causing me, because, so far, I am hating you.

4 comments:

Mr. Z said...

I guess we won't be making a trip to Target this morning...

Stamford Talk said...

Seeeeeeeeriously.
I'm glad you got the word.
I actually just found a dicussion thread on Chowhound- I mean, the blog who shan't be named- about all the construction in Stamford.

Also, let's not forget the UBS crane that partly fell over on the West Side of Stamford a year or two ago...

Anonymous said...

Think that was an RBS crane?

Anonymous said...

RBS..Lot of BS there