Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Free Madrigal and Chorus Concert at SCA, and Possible Adrenaline Addiction in the FC

Let me repeat, this event is free. Tonight (Wed.) at 7:30 the choral groups from Stamford schools are singing at Stamford Center for the Arts.

With all the hoohah going on with Stamford Public Schools, it might be nice to get a look at the kids we are arguing over. A reader tells me that Madrigals from Stamford High and the Chamber Singers and Gospel Choir from Westhill are performing, but there are many other groups as well. I love any type of live music, especially ones that focus on the voice. I would have loved to go to this event, especially because the reader who contacted me is really cool, or at least, she seems so from her posts, but I leave in a couple of hours for lovely Tupelo, Mississippi.

That's right. Stamford Talk will be coming at you live, for the next ten days, from one of the poorest and unhealthiest states in the nation.

Isn't it nice to get away? When I go down to MS, it becomes clear how very demented this area has made me. When I wait in the line at the small grocery store in my sister's town, I can feel my mind racing and my heart palpitating. I'm used the the beeping and bustling energy of our Super Stop and Shop, so the quiet grocery store creates a lot of tension in me. I want to shout and scream to break the quiet. I always think of myself as a relaxed person, but obviously, after almost ten years up here, I am an adrenaline junkie.

Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: the Westhill Gospel choir will not be singing tonite.

Leadhyena Inrandomtan said...

I also find it hard to slow down nowadays. My new job is twice as hectic as the old one, and when I do sit down and relax I find that there's always something that I haven't done yet. Going home for the holidays in Indiana is similar in situation to your MS trip.