Monday, April 14, 2008

Possible Filming on Bedford Street?

A reader just left a tip on my "Shopaholic" post: I just saw what looked like a film truck and some guys with VIP-type badges down on Bedford Street and 3rd, across from the tall Cornerstone at Bedford apartment building.

It would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally cool if someone would check this out and report back! I'm out of town, or I'd so be there this evening.

Near the police station doesn't sound like a site for Confessions of a Shopaholic, but it could be some other really interesting show. Who knows, maybe it's one of my favorite shows, Dogs With Jobs, and they are featuring a Stamford police dog.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are filming a movie with Isla Fischer - I think Confessions of A Shopoholic or something like that. They've been filming at United House Wrecking and other locations lately...maybe it's that one...

Anonymous said...

I saw both Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen in Napa & Co. last week.

Twice.

Stamford Talk said...

Nooooo really? It's funny, I wrote a post I didn't post about how, if you know a movie is being filmed in town, you should go out to eat more often. This is excellent scoop! Wonder why they picked Napa and Co; must have been recommended to them.

Anonymous said...

Well, one thing is for sure - they don't get their restaurant tips from chowhound.com!!!

I talked to the manager at Napa and I guess they are filming close to the Marriott Courtyard and are also staying there.

mary said...

Everybody's Fine starring DeNiro, Beckinsale and Barrymore. Plot: A father travelling cross-country decides to surprise his children by dropping in on them. Site: Victorian style house/office on Bedford between 2nd and 3rd

Anonymous said...

I saw them filming Everybody's Fine is filming in the lobby and in the penthouses at 1515 Summer St (the building just converted into lofts). I've heard the developer of the building knows DeNiro.

Stamford Talk said...

Ah... that hideous grey building just north of Dairy Queen?
How are you guys getting this scoop? Tell me your sources!

Unknown said...

Just a quick comment... Curley's was closed 2 nights ago, painting and cleaning and today it seems the entire film crew is over there.

Anonymous said...

1515 summer street is ugly..80s office grey with green tinted windows..yuck..inside it's decent but not close to what they are asking at 500-600/sqft 2x the price of a similarly renovated older construction place downtown