Sunday, April 20, 2008

Movie Stars in Town: Let's Keep in Touch!

Last week, readers left comments about stars and film sets spotted in Stamford. I posted the tips on the blog ASAP, because, obviously, that’s good gossip. I was out of town until today, but I'd really like to see a movie set. I suggest we set up an alarm system to share info when movie filming is spotted around the city.

If you post a comment, or email me at the address in the right hand column of this blog, I'll put up the tip. Then, the gossip will be in the hands of the right people: the readers of this blog who have shown a great commitment to gossip and news around town. Together, we make Stamford a better place to live.

Note, 8/2/08: thanks to all this stalking research, I finally got to see a star. See May 16's "I Finally Saw DeNiro on Set!"

When gossip is shared, the ball starts rolling. In February, I posted about Confessions of a Shopaholic with Isla Fisher filming in Stamford. On Monday, someone left a comment on that post about spotting of a movie set in Bedford Street.

I posted that info, and readers left juicy comments. Anonymous saw Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen at Napa & Co. twice last week. (Twice? I'm jealous. Was the food good?) Mary posted info on the Bedford St. film-- Everybody's Fine starring DeNiro, Beckinsale and Barrymore. Another anonymous saw EF filming at the new lofts on Summer St. Whitemist commented that he saw a film set at Curley’s, and I put that up. We've got the city covered, but we can't relax. Please keep your eyes off the road as you're driving around town, and keep a lookout for film trucks.

The Advocate’s "Dish" with Susie Costaregni put up the same info this weekend, with a few more details:
Scene . . . Actors Isla Fisher ("The Wedding Crashers") and Sacha Baron Cohen ("Borat") were seen dining last week at Napa & Co. in Stamford. Rumor is that the engaged couple have been staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Stamford. Fisher is in town filming "Confessions of a Shopaholic." Also seen at the popular restaurant recently were Hillary Swank...
Out there . . . "Everybody's Fine," starring Robert De Niro, Kate Beckinsale, Drew Barrymore and Sam Rockwell, will begin filming this month in Stamford on Bedford Street and other areas in the city.

Stamford, you rock! People are noticing you. I want to see some movie stars. My friends saw Uma Thurman exiting Bobby V's one week. I think it was a Thursday 6 or so months ago.

11 comments:

patty said...

Full-on movie trailer setup on Summer Street this morning, right outside the building where the Barrymore / De Niro movie is filming.

I gather all my best ST tips on my way to and from work.

Anonymous said...

My friend saw Mark Ruffalo and Joaquin Phoenix at g/r/a/n/d several months ago. Not sure what they were filming.

Anonymous said...

Ruffalo and Phoenix were shooting Reservation Road. Ruffalo would hang out at Tigin, signing auto's and shooting the sh*t with the regulars.

Stamford Talk said...

See, this is why it's important to go out. Sadly I am hanging in tonight on this beautiful Monday evening, but darn if work doesn't tire you out. You have to like places like Tigin though, that are relaxed yet trendy (again, ladies, get your butts down there) and all about kicking back with friends and strangers.

How did you know about Ruffalo and Phoenix?

Anonymous said...

Because I was there!!!

Anonymous said...

I work on Summer St. and went over to 1515 Summer
where they are filming. We (3 of my co-workers & I) were told, by a body guard, to "move on" so that "Mr. DeNiro could walk from his trailer to the building they are filming in". Basically it seemed like Robert DeNiro can't be bothered to even walk past some fans.

I also saw Mark Ruffalo when they were filming here and he was very friendly. Quite the opposite experience.

Stamford Talk said...

How is it legal for a body guard to tell someone to move on? Can't you stand there if you want?

You ALSO saw Mark R.? Also at Tigin? Where was I when all of this was happening? I was away Sept 14-Oct 6, but here for the rest of the time...

Anonymous said...

just saw them filming at curly's. not sure who though

Anonymous said...

it looked like they were filming a scene in a moving car yesterday down high ridge road around 4pm... couldn't see who was in it, but there were police before and after, a flatbed with a car, and what looked like a huge light and cameras... talk about backing up traffic!

Anonymous said...

I totally saw Steve Martin eating dinner the other night at Napa.

Anonymous said...

Who cares??????? They are the same as you and me and everyone else. They eat, sleep and defecate like the next guy. Get over it!!