Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reggae at Monster B's Was Good

I managed to catch the beginning of Monster B's Reggae Night with Timmy Love and Reflex Band. When the keyboard started, it felt like I was on a tropical island. On the next nice Sunday evening, I suggest you attend, get yourself a fruity (but strong) drink, and relax.

The music was supposed to be from 5-9, but I arrived at 8 and it was just starting. I don't like it when things start late, but I'm wondering if this band had to fill in last minute. They weren't listed for tonight on Monster B's page, but they are listed for several more upcoming gigs. That's what I choose to believe, since the band seemed cool, competent and not the type to stand people up.

Anyway. There was a mellow crowd on the deck- perhaps a bit too mellow. "This is a party... not a show. Dance if you want!" Timmy said. That is the right attitude. Get your butts out and dance, people. Not that many people were smoking, so you could probably even bring your (mellow) kids.

Related Stamford Talk Posts:
--July 10, 2008--Mystic Bowie Spotted at Monster B's?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI: The band Funkestra is playing a free show at Scalzi Park tonight at 7:30 p.m. Supposedly there will be live bands playing at Scalzi every Monday night thru [sometime in] August.