Wednesday, July 2, 2008

See You in a Few Days, and Fireworks!

I will probably take the next 2 days off blogging; it's my last day here in Mississippi with my niece and nephews, then I fly home tomorrow. It's been a fun visit. I got to help with five and under T-ball, take a few jogs, and read a lot of books to my nephews. My sister and I even got in a few hours of shopping, just me and her and my nine month old niece. It hasn't been too hot, either. Love ya, Mississippi!

Have a great time on the 4th. Stamford is one of the few places in the lower FC to have their 'works on the actual holiday. (WHAT was I talking about? Stamford's fireworks are on the 3rd. I was distracted.) Here's info on fireworks in Stamford and other towns:

Stamford fireworks are Thursday, July 3, to be fired off a barge off Cummings Park beach. Rain date is Saturday, July 5. The best views, according to the Advocate, will be from Cummings and West Beach parks. D.J. and vendors start at 6, and fireworks go off at dark, around 9:10 pm.

Other places:

Greenwich: Saturday, July 5 at Binney Park and Tod's Point. Guests must have a beach permit or pay a $5 daily pass to attend.

Norwalk: Thursday, July 3 at Calf Pasture Beach Park. Rain date July 5.
Westport: Thursday, July 3 at Compo Beach. Rain date July 7.
Rowayton: Friday, July 4 at Bayley Beach in the Rowayton section of Norwalk.
Wilton: Friday, July 4 at at Wilton High School, 395 Danbury Road.
Weston: Friday, July 4 at Weston Middle School, 135 School Road.